Thursday, June 16, 2005

sooo tired!

I am still awake and I have to be at the airport at 7 a.m. to head out to Madison, WI to learn more about media advocacy. Instead of relaxing this evening I made an elaborate dinner for La Deb (wontons, egg rolls, fried rice, chicken mushroom stirfry) and she was so sweet. She knows I have this history of women sitting in front of the tv waiting for their din-din so she offered to help I don't know how many times. This is truly unique/empathic/receptive/hard to find.

Then, I told her I wanted to drive around a little and get a cup of coffee. Well, one grande starbucks and 2 hours later, we'd visited these little towns east of Austin like Bastrop and Cedar Creek. The air was finally cool and, while there were few clouds, the sky was an incredible velvety blue. Elvis velvet blue. And the moon all pearly. Must have been the msg talking there.

I got home to hear a message from a good new friend I'll call White Bread (hey, she named herself! - okay I would call her Sunny) and her question about a particular dinosaur hanging out on the corner of Chicon and Cesar Chavez. We ended up talking until after 1 a.m. while I did pseudo packing.

I can't believe how much I needed those sweet moments. I'm super sleepy now and will lay down for a little bit but I hope to find my energy as I am set for Madison! I want to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Unitarian meeting house and the Paul Bunyan murals made by the WPA. YES!

No comments: