Tuesday, August 16, 2005

still recuperating

I'm still not feeling well, though the world seemed right again today - Mercury no longer in retrograde and Tigrette back at school. She looked so cute this morning. Super tall and self-assured. She was surprised when I told her on Sunday and Monday that we were going to buy school supplies. I had forgotten to tell her that school was starting again. So, she spent the last two nights incredibly happy and jumping in her skin.

She was also really happy she got into class with one of her best friends from last year.

For me, there's something about again knowing that, no matter what I'm up to, I have to get her to school by 7:15 a.m. and pick her up by 6 p.m. at her after school camp.

I've started writing again. Not lots but with the preparation for the move and chaos and illness, my writing took a seat in the back of the bus. It's nice to know she doesn't leave. I also got invited to be featured readyer at a venue so that was a nice ego booster. I don't know when that will be happening though.

I still need sleep however. Tonight, to celebrate Tigrette's return to school, we are ordering pizza and watching some Disney movie. The things I do for my baby.

No comments: