Wednesday, October 25, 2006

all things donkey lady

Ahh, it's good to be back in Say-town when the Fall hits. That's right, it's Donkey Lady time!

I love the stories and yes I've written about it before - y que? Wasn't one of my original intents with this blog to take a good look at all things women and all things queer. What's more odd than a woman who was made folklore and icon. Shoot, she wouldn't be the first. There's Pocahontas, Frida Kahlo, La Virgen de Guadalupe, La Lupe (besotes mama!) - countless others.

Most likely because it's Halloween season, the local paper did a story about the Donkey Lady. They even offer a Talk Back webpage where you can relive your childhood fear and, hopefully, be comforted by strangers. I myself called a phone number when I was in elementary school that, at the time, had a horrible donkey sound. Man, I could use that number now. I'm not saying it's right to scare kids but it's not so wrong either, you know?

No comments: