Tuesday, July 26, 2005

long conversation short

I had dinner with Sebastian yesterday and we talked about women. When we met for breakfast on Sunday we talked about women. He looked at me and said "you are not in love". He told me no one's got my heart. I thought, if no one does, why do they so often act as though they have a cherished place there and any thing they do is allowable?

And why remind me of the ways I'm free as though they are trying to make me otherwise. Those who aren't promising to truly support me shouldn't remind me of my freedom. And part of that means I don't want to hear how they were busy comforting their friends.

Right now, I want to be held, comforted in some woman's chest and not let go. If I invite you to my bed for an afternoon nap, don't say no. It doesn't mean I want to get off. It means I need some comforting. I haven't learned how to ask for that.

No comments: